Monday, November 30, 2009

Just think...

Just think…
At age 37 I decided to go college to improve myself for the next 37 years. The first day in class is always the best day, because everybody in class is an A student until the first assignment is graded. Before this class I had not written an essay since high school and computers forget about it unless Atari counts. So when Mr. Gasparo strolled into the class room looking much like a student himself I was surprised because I expected someone a little older. He introduced himself to the class and stated, “If you do not like computers it would probably be a good time to look for another instructor and drop this class.” Well the way he put was a lot nicer than the interpretation. At 37, I realize that a good challenge and change is good for the blood stream, but it did cross my mind to drop this class.
As the class moved on and the essay papers piled up Mr. Gasparo seemed to help every student find their own voice with writing. If you’re looking for a good teacher in English 111, this is the man. There will be a lot of papers to write, a lot of critiquing, blogging, and e-mailing but between all the comas a lot of laughs. Don’t get it wrong idea He is serious about class time and class work but he also has a sense of humor at the same time. Mr. Gasparo made English 111 bearable and fun for my class. Overall I am glad that I did not drop this class.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you did not drop. Like everyone else, you were an important part of the class, especially with your humor and jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I hope you'll continue to write and use anything new you learned while in and out of school. Keep blogging and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete