Tuesday, September 22, 2009




Eric Powell
Diagnostic Essay
English 111
Tuesday 1, 2009
My Favorite Vacation

My favorite vacation to date would have to be my cruise to Nassau, Bahamas. Of course the little work alcoholic and the big penny pincher in me did not desire a second vacation in the same year. My attitude quickly changed when I found out that my beautiful wife planned this vacation as my thirty-sixth birthday present; no children just the two of us. Three fantastic nights and four fun filled days on the Carnival Imagination cruise ship. At first it was just the regular cruise package, but I asked my wife to upgrade our accommodation to a suite with balcony. Usually I’m frugal when it comes to spending our money, but this might be the only cruise we ever go on in our life. We flew from Norfolk to Miami and boarded the cruise ship. We stepped onto the upper deck of the ship and we were instantly giddy like school children. This was a brand new experience that we were sharing together. Photographers seemed to be everywhere wanting to take our picture and the waiters wanted to get the first of many beverages in our system. As we made our way to the suite, we were amazed by the decor of the inside of the ship. It resembled a grand hotel. The suite had all the elements of comfort; a king sized bed, jetted tub, walk-in closet, and a wet bar. We felt movement and this large floating grand hotel was on its way to Nassau, Bahamas.

Nassau, Bahamas was nice. We toured the Atlantis resort and walked the streets of the shopping plaza. We made our way back to the ship for the return to Miami. As the ship sailed we laughed, we danced, and we mingled with other couples to late into the night. But the best part of that vacation was not the destination it was the journey. Standing on the balcony day or night viewing the sky and the indigo blue sea was phenomenal.
Image source can be found here

1 comment:

  1. I like how you wrote about how your mindset changed about the trip once you got there.

    ReplyDelete